Saturday, June 11, 2011

Summer Burgers

Yesterday, my husband Nilo and I spent a nice summer day at Kahala Beach Park having a picnic. We had roasted chicken pasta salad, fresh pineapple slices, chips, and soda. To carry through with the summer theme, I decided to make burgers for dinner. I'm not good with the grill, so I made the burgers on the stove with a grill pan. I researched a few recipes and came across one from Ina Garten. According to my husband, it was, "OMG!!"

1 1/2 pounds ground hamburger
2 tablespoons good quality dijon mustard (I used a blue cheese dijon mustard by Vineyard Pantry)
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly grated pepper
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and some to grill burgers

Mix all ingredients and loosely mix with a fork. Form five 3-inch patties. Brush grill pan with olive oil and grill burgers 3-4 minutes each side for medium to medium well. I used warmed naan bread as buns, and topped burgers with red onion, tomatoes, lettuce, and favorite condiments.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment